They say that women who plan to one day marry will seek a man whose character mirrors that of her father. But I think, instead, I’d rather be like you myself.
As such, I owe a debt of eternal gratitude to one of the most hardworking men this world has ever seen. SANTA CLAUS YOU SO DOPE!!! …. But also, you, Dad! (Let me be clear: you will always be second to Santa. That’s just how it is.) You are “lead by example,” exemplified. As proof of such, I have written this manifest of tenants for happiness that I have learned by simply watching you live.
1. There is good in this world if you choose to see it.
2. Stand up for what is right. Even- nay- Especially when it’s the most difficult option.
3. Go to church.
4. Have patience with others but more importantly, with yourself.
5. Please and thank you will go a long way.
6. Are you going to church? Go to church.
7. This world is full of crockpot morons with abysmal decorum. Ignore them when & if you can.
8. A hindrance is not a hardship; those with a penchant for overreaction are insufferable.
9. Please stop leaving your dishes in the sink.
10. Your voice matters. Speak loudly with clarity and purpose.
11. Strength is the product of struggle; learn resilience and you will overcome anything.
12. Faith and family are the only two things in life worth fighting for. Keep both close to your heart.
Dad, I admire your unwavering devotion to our family. I admire the sacrifices you have made- those we know of and even more those we don’t. I admire your integrity and I am immensely thankful for you. Happy 92nd birthday, Daddio. I love you very, very, very much.
Love, Love, Love,
PS- Where do babies come from?